CWA District 7 Women’s Committee
CWA District 7 Vice President
CWA District 7 Staff Coordinator
CWA District 7 Women’s Chair
District 7 Women’s Committee:
Shari Wojtowicz, Local 7250
Cell #: 612-532-8372
Terri Cobb, Local 7603
Local #: 208-336-7603
Laurie Gonce, Local 7804
Local #: 253-572-7804
- Raise issues of special concern to women. Develop programs and strategies to address their issues.
- Provide support to CWA’s efforts to organize women.
- Press to involve women in all levels of the labor movement.
- Encourage, educate and prepare women to address their issues through legislative and political action.
- Promote and encourage women to run for elected public office and support.
- Encourage and support women to fight at the local, state and national level for legislation designed to improve the status of working women and their families.
- Build a strong and effective committee which provides a valuable service to the Union and the membership which carries out the CWA Women’s Program.
- Work cooperatively with the Local Union Executive Board and other local committees, stewards and community activists.
- Educate the membership on the role of the Women’s Committee and issues.
- Strengthen Labor by working with other labor and community organizations.
- Develop new leaders through educational programs and involvement in the community.
How to Start a
In Your Local
- Identify needs and opportunities within your local and community.Determine interest though a survey.
- Start small: a good committee need not have lots of members, but rather ones that are committed to the cause.
- Get the support of the leadership in your Local: show them how the committee can help get members involved in the Local.
- Work with other locals and organizations that may be in your community working on projects of interest.
- Partner with employers as appropriate to sponsor events at company locations such as Donate-A-Phone collection. Lunch and learn seminars, etc. Identify needs and opportunities within your local and community
Get Involved in Your Union… Make a Difference…
Work on Voter Registration and Get Out the Vote Drives
Does your Local have a Women’s Committee?
Click here to Email District 7 and let us know about your Locals Women’s Committee.